HOW TO INSTALL A CURTAIN TRACK ON AN APEX WINDOW?
An easy to follow guide
Fitting a curtain track on an apex window typically involves a few steps to ensure proper installation.
REMEMBER : IF YOUR CURTAINS ARE HEAVY, IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA TO INSTALL A BATON AND THEN INSTALL THE TRACK ON TO THE BATTON.
Here’s a guide on how to fit a curtain track:
- Measure and Mark: Start by measuring the width of the window or the desired curtain coverage area. Mark the positions where you want to install the curtain track, ensuring that it is level and centered.
- Bracket Placement: Determine the spacing for the curtain track brackets. The number of brackets required depends on the length of the track and the weight of the curtains. As a general guideline, place brackets approximately every 12 to 18 inches (30 to 45 cm) for lightweight curtains, and closer together for heavier curtains. Use a spirit level to ensure the brackets are straight and mark the screw holes for each bracket.
- Pre-drill Holes: Using a drill and an appropriate size drill bit, pre-drill holes at the marked positions for the brackets. Make sure the drill bit is slightly smaller than the screws you will be using to ensure a secure fit.
- Install Brackets: Attach the brackets to the wall or window frame using the pre-drilled holes. Use screws suitable for your wall type (e.g., wall plugs for plasterboard or masonry screws for brick or concrete). Tighten the screws securely, but avoid over-tightening to prevent damaging the wall or frame.
- Cut the Track (if necessary): If your curtain track is longer than the desired width, cut it to the appropriate length using a hacksaw or a track cutting tool. Be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions and cut the track evenly.
- Attach Gliders or Hooks: Slide curtain gliders or hooks onto the curtain track according to the track’s design. The number of gliders or hooks needed will depend on the fullness of your curtains and the desired appearance.
- Install the Track: Fit the curtain track into the brackets by inserting the ends of the track into the bracket slots or attaching them using screws or clips, depending on the track design. Make sure the track is properly aligned and secured within the brackets.
- Test and Adjust: Once the track is installed, manually slide the curtains along the track to ensure smooth movement. If needed, adjust the positioning of the brackets or track to ensure the curtains hang straight and operate smoothly.
It’s important to follow the specific instructions provided with your curtain track, as installation methods may vary slightly depending on the brand and type of track you are using.
If you’re unsure or uncomfortable with the installation process, it’s advisable to seek assistance from a professional or someone with experience in fitting curtain tracks